One Cleanser to Rule Them All
Glossier's Milky Jelly is my current favorite cleanser.
I've been using it daily since January and I'm already on my second bottle! Determined to create the ultimate cleanser, Glossier gathered feedback from Into The Gloss readers to find out what people really wanted in a product. The result was a crowdsourced jellified micellar water that is 'mild,’ ‘glowy,’ and ‘moist.’
Milky Jelly can be used to awaken, cleanse, and hydrate your face during your morning beauty routine and can be used in the evening to wash away makeup, dirt and the stress of the day.
The cleanser is available exclusively on the Glossier website and comes with an $18 price tag (click here to save 20% on your Glossier purchase).
The formula includes five skin conditioners, which means your face will feel soft after cleansing. It is also comprised of the same cleansing agents that are in contact lens solution, so it's safe for the very sensitive eye area. The cleanser is also paraben-free, sulfate-free, cruelty-free, and not tested on animals.
To start your day—massage 1-2 pumps onto wet skin (keep it in the shower!) and rinse.
To remove makeup*—on dry skin, gently and thoroughly massage 2-3 pumps directly onto eye area to melt away mascara; add water, massage over the rest of your face, and rinse.
*unless it’s waterproof, in which case you should use a cleansing oil, and follow with Milky Jelly for complete clean.
Key Ingredients in the Milky Jelly Cleanser
- Poloxamer: A strong yet mild cleansing agent used in contact lens solution.
- Rosewater: Glossier replaced a 1/4 of the H2O content with soothing rosewater (bonus: smells great!).
- Comfrey Root Extract: Contains healing allantoin, which helps prevent stress on skin.
- Aquaxyl: Refills skin’s water reserves and improves its barrier to prevent dehydration.
- Pro-Vitamin B5: Powerful, natural moisturizer found in mushrooms and cheese.
Interested in trying Glossier? Get 20% off your purchase here.